Sunday, May 20, 2007

Greatness is a Day Away

Once, I looked up deep into the clouds and past the stars...a Revelation. I saw the face of God, and He looked angry. I smiled because I thought He was being too predictable, but somehow I don't think He saw me. For once I felt the roles reversed - I the God and He the child. And I taught Him much of mankind's tendencies. I had to explain that He created us in His image and that meant that WE wouldn't be able to settle to be mediocre. We would strive to become equal to Him...to be Gods.

Will it be our undoing...our destruction? I couldn't help but laugh a little. He looked at me with an inquisitive look and said that my mind works in mysterious ways. He wasn't angry anymore, for I think He understood. Strange how one who's supposed to be all-knowing, was getting angry over something He didn't understand. Perhaps, God is mostly human.

Or maybe this was His way of making me take a hard look at myself. I'm still not where I want to be. I'm afraid. I don't want to fail, but I know I must.

It will be my undoing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home