Monday, September 11, 2006

Drifting

Five years ago, I sat in front of the television unable to divert my eyes from the magnitude of destruction that was pouring in from the media. But yet, there I sat on the couch with my acoustic guitar in hand strumming some sort of melody - chord progressions that I was not consciously thinking about, and humming an accompanying vocal melody. It was as if God put my fingers in the right places on my guitar and took over my mind as I sang a song for those whose lives would forever change or become forfeit on that day. And oddly enough, it was not a depressing song nor was it an angry song. It was an encouraging song. And I called it Drifting:

Passing the ending...
It is full of air,
That I am drifting.

Wearied.
Take heed.
I don’t want to die.
Essence is the seed.

Beginning –
Ascending where I want to be.
It is so lovely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home